Welcome to our "Writing Counts" Project 2015- 2016
Camborne Nursery School and Truro Nursery School have joined together with the Penninsula Teaching School, Cornwall Teaching School and Cornwall Council to deliver an exciting new project, looking at children's writing and number development. This training is fully funded by the DFE and led by Carrie Richards and Sue Thrower both Early Years Specialist Leaders of Education.
This project will:
- Enable staff to make accurate observation and assessments of children aged between two and five in line with the EYFS.
- Enable staff to improve children’s writing and numeracy skills
- Enable staff to ensure a smooth transition as they reach school
This will involve:
- 2 training days to develop writing and numeracy skills.
- 9 visits to other nurseries and pre-schools to network with colleagues and share good practice.
- Training to develop assessment skills across your setting.
- Access to video and practical examples of assessment.
Transition workshops with your local reception teachers.